Please note – BPS teachers can bundle hours of participation at How Do I Do That sessions during the school year for Burlington inservice credits. Ten hours of participation will earn one inservice credit. Twenty hours will earn two inservice credits. There is a maximum of two credits for staff members each year.
The BPS EdTech Team will offer two How Do I Do That support sessions in October. The first will be held on Tuesday, October 7 and the second will be on Tuesday, October 21. Both sessions will feature Google Apps for Education and Chromebook support. Join members of the BPS EdTech and IT teams for support with integrating the full suite of Google Apps into your curriculum. We will offer assistance with the following Google apps:
- Classroom (a simple workflow option to help you create a digital classroom)
- Drive and Docs (includes the new Drive interface as well as Forms, Slides, and Sheets)
- Sites and Blogger (now is the perfect time to build your blog or website. A website or blog is a great way to increase communication with students and parents and helps with evaluations!)
- Gmail (learn to apply labels and filters and get your inbox down to zero)
- Calendar (learn how to share and embed calendars and never miss an important event)
We will also offer our help and support in using Chromebooks, the Chrome Web Store, and Chrome Apps and Extensions. This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the collaborative features of Google tools and how they can be used to transform teaching and learning. The support sessions are open from 2:30-5:00 pm and both will be held in the Library Learning Commons at Marshall Simonds Middle School. BPS EdTech team members are eager to assist you with any and all Google tools, so we hope you will join us on the 7th and the 21st.